Here are some tips for speeding up tasks. In summary:
- Standardise as much as possible
- Use templates, checklists, structured processes. Make it so you don’t have to think about the work.
- Reuse and repurpose, copy and paste from other documents that you have created from other projects or from other PMs. Be careful about IP when moving between jobs
- Learn your software tools
- Do fewer tasks. What is really important?
- Do tasks to lower quality
- Give yourself a time limit to do tasks, stick to it. Fight procrastination and interruptions